These muffins are becoming my go to snacks! I put this together recently during one of my cleanses, where we eliminate all possible irritants from our diet for a couple of days to help the body reset.
I’m always encouraging my clients to have a “what can I have” mindset instead of the “what can’t I have” attitude, as this could lead to feelings of deprivation. Feeling deprived on any of my programs is a no go for me, I always want my clients to feel excited about their food choices and options!
That’s why I’m so excited to share this muffin recipe with you! Not only is it vegan friendly, but it’s also gluten and sugar free! And they are super delicious and works so well as a travel snack!
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 medium zucchini grated and excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 drop doTERRA basil Essential oil (or fresh basil)
- 150 ml Almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 220 grams Buckwheat flour**
- 50 grams of oats (optional)
- 1 Tsp gluten free baking powder (or regular if you are not gluten intolerant)
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Tbs Olive or coconut oil
- 50 grams pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 180° celsius (176 Fahrenheit).
- Line a 12 cupcake tin with cupcake paper,
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the carrot, zucchini, pepitas and onion and mix well.
- Add the whet ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for roughly 40 to 45 min (or until a toothpick comes out clear).
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes.
**Read more about the benefits of buckwheat flour here