Emotional brian trianing for emotional eating
Are you a comfort or emotional eater? This has been a big problem for me over the years and today I want to share a tool that will help with this.
In last week’s interview with Ian Hawkins, episode 19, we talked about emotional blocks
and I wanted to share a tool too help shift emotions.
This tool has helped me shift some heavy emotions, and it has helped many of my clients too.
This tool is EFT or Emotional freedom technique
I have used this on myself many times and enjoyed the benefits of the practice so I became a qualified EFT practitioner to facilitate further healing for myself and my clients.
Listen to the episode here
The latest research shows that EFT works to calm the central nervous system, rewire the brain for positive mindset and restore the body’s energy
But what is EFT for overeating?
Emotional freedom technique (EFT) is an alternative treatment for physical pain and emotional distress. It’s also referred to as tapping or psychological acupressure.
During EFT you tap on specific meridian points on the body, in a particular sequence. While doing this, you focus on the issue that you wish to treat or address
tapping on different parts of the body helps balance energy and reduce physical and emotional pain
Why EFT for comfort eating?
EFT can be a powerful tool to help resolve emotional eating as it releases blocked energy, trapped in our body because of emotional or physical pain
- Tapping on specific meridian points gives the nervous system the signal to relax
- Tapping assists in rewiring the cognition of the brain to enable a change in mindset
- Tapping can restore the body’s energy, release negative feelings, emotions and physical ailments caused by energy disruption
How tapping for comfort eating works:
When you feel guilty or shame about comfort eating, you activate your fight-or-flight response
- Tapping on this feeling allows the feeling to be felt and heard
- This reduces the amygdala response to the emotion
- Clearing the emotional block
- Restoring balance in the body’s energy
Where to tap
The method involves tapping on the same meridian points in a sequence.
- Top of the head
- Side of the Yey
- Under the eye
- Under the nose
- Under the arm
Find a quiet place where you can focus and not feel awkward tapping your body 😊
To start, we always test the initial intensity
On a scale of 0–10, with 10 being the worst you have ever felt about comfort eating, 0 being I feel nothing
Rank yourself out of 10
We will start with a set up statement to acknowledge the issue and convey self-acceptance despite it.
Setup statement: “Even though I have a habit of comfort eating, I deeply and completely accept myself”
- Start of the eyebrow – Comfort eating
- Side of the eye – Comfort eating
- Under the eye – Comfort eating
- Under the nose – Comfort eating
- Chin – Comfort eating
- Collarbone – Comfort eating
- Under the arm – Comfort eating
- Top of the head – Comfort eating
- Start of the eyebrow –Sometimes it feels like food is my only friend.
- Side of the eye – When I’ve had a hard day, I know I can turn to food for comfort.
- Under the eye –Sometimes feeling my emotions is too painful, and food helps me avoid them.
- Under the nose –Food makes me feel better when I’m lonely.
- Chin –When I don’t want to feel my feelings, food helps me escape.
- Collarbone – All this Comfort eating
- Under the arm – I stuff my feelings by stuffing myself with food.
- Top of the head – Comfort eating
Check the intensity of how you feel about comfort eating right now , rate yourself out of 10 again, hopefully the number has decreased, we want to be close to a 3 or 4 out of 10. If the number is any higher, please repeat the above statement and check your rating again. of the number is lower than 4/10, move to the below positive statements.
- Top of the head – I want to be in control of my eating
- Start of Eyebrow – I want to choose food that helps me to feel good now and later
- Side of the eye – I take care of myself
- Under the eye – I pay attention to my emotions
- Under the nose – I give my body what it needs with love
- Under the mouth – I’m in control of my eating
- Collarbone – I eat to nourish my body
- Under the arm – I love and respect my body now and always
If you would like help with clearing out some emotional wounds, find out more about my Emotional Eating Energy balance and EFT sessions
Get on the waitlist for the next Food Zombie Challenge https://msgsndr.com/widget/form/JxY5YZyPYJM9Wq6gXL91
If you want more information on how to finally quit binge eating for good go to http://quit.wholesomelifestyleproject.com/
BOOK A FREE 20 MIN CONSULTATION WITH Me https://wholesomelifestyleproject.com/work-with-me/lets-get-started/
Can’t wait to see you in the next episode where I will be sharing some drivers behind overeating
Subscribe here to get all the latest episodes. : https://kite.link/Beyond-Overeating-by-Wholesome-Lifestyle-project
JOIN MY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP –https://www.facebook.com/groups/crushyourhealthgoals
BOOK A FREE 20 MIN CONSULTATION WITH STEL: HERE