This smoothie bowl packs a real protein punch without adding protein powders! All the ingredients are Wholefood based and this is just super delicious!
- 1/2 banana (frozen)
- 4 strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk of choice ( I used coconut milk)
- 1 Tsp Macca Powder
- 1/2 Tsp organic cocoa powder (optional)
- 2 Tsp descecrated coconut
- 2 Tbs white chia seeds
- 1 Tsp sunflower seeds (plus extra for decoration)
- 1 Tsp pepitas (plus extra for decoration)
- Sprinkle black chia seeds for decoration
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend untill smooth.
- Scoop into a serving bowl.
- Decorate with the sunflower seeds, pepitas and black chia seeds.
You can add a bit more liquid if the consistency is too thick.
Emotional eater? Want more energy? This group is just the place for you! Join my Facebook group for more recipes, tips and tutorials
This is an awesome treat! It’s so rich in chocolate and it’s refined sugar,gluten, diary and nut free. I make these and stick them in the freezer for when I need my chocolate fix.
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 8 pitted dates
- Soak the dates in boiling water till soft.
- Drain the dates and keep the date water aside.
- Blend the cocoa powder, pepitas and sunflower seeds in a food processor or blender.
- Add the desiccated coconut and salt and blend again.
- Add the dates and blend untill a ball forms.
- Add roughly 1/4 cup of the date water to make the dough sticky.
- Roll into balls and roll in some nuts or coconut for decoration.
Every one deserves a chocolatey treat
This home made chocolate is quiet and easy. Keep it in the freezer on standy for when that sweet tooth hits
- 3/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbs rice malt syrup (or stevia)
- Grate the cocoa butter
- Melt the coconut oil and cocoa butter in a double boiler
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Spoon into moulds
- Let it set in the freezer ( usually takes about 5-10 minutes)
- Take out of the moulds and keep in the freezer
- Fill half the tray with liquid chocolate
- Add a while almond to each square
- Cover the almonds with the rest of the chocolate mixture
- Freeze untill set.
If you are looking for new breakfasts inspiration, these egg and bacon cups will have you smiling in no time
- 12 slices of bacon (nitrate free if you can)
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Flash fry the bacon, just untill it’s cooked not crispy (it won’t mould into the tray if it’s overcooked, besides it will crisp up in the oven😉)
- Line a muffin tray with the bacon slices
- Crack an egg in each cup
- Season with salt and pepper ( I added some garlic and chilli flakes)
- Bake for 35 minutes or till set